REACH FOR THE STARS ~ CAMPAIGN FOR THE FUTURE
We’re staging our next exciting “production”!
The community has a unique opportunity to be part of history; not only the history of The Hurrah Players, but the next chapter in the history of this region’s thriving arts community. Through a generous benefactor, we’ve recently purchased the Former Sutton Manufacturing Building (pdf link to Wilson Ave history) at 112 West Wilson Avenue in the newly established Norfolk Arts and Design District. This 12,000+ square foot building will provide an ideal platform to extend our reach as Virginia’s leading family theatre company into the community and the region.
THE HUGH R. COPELAND CENTER
With this building we plan to:
- establish a dedicated education and outreach center: The Hugh R. Copeland Center
- re-dedicate The Perry Family Theatre to this site
- engage a dedicated Education and Outreach staff person
- expand our partnerships and interactions with other arts organizations in Hampton Roads
- enhance our outreach and educational services to under-served communities
- further increase our student enrollment and scholarship capabilities
- provide an anchoring presence in the Norfolk Arts District
- create additional rehearsal and performance space for our productions
- add studio/classroom space to increase our capacity for class offerings
In June 2014 we were able to begin the move into Phase I of this wonderful new building. Over 30 years of scenery and props now have a permanent home! Learn more about the project phases >
We celebrate the past-we look forward to the future. Now is the time to make a difference. A wide variety of sponsorship and commitment levels are available for individuals, businesses and special groups who want to make a difference and have their names aligned with the next 30 years of The Hurrah Players!
Architect: John Tymoff, Tymoff + Moss Architects >
Contractor: Scott Deese, Ashett Construction >
Special Design Services: Troy Hines, Hines Design LLC >
ACT NOW to show your support!
The Hurrah Players are extremely grateful to the following businesses for their lead gifts to The Reach for the Stars ~ Campaign for the Future!
Click here >> for a list of additional generous supporters.
For questions, please contact Linda Dyer, Director of Development
at (757) 627-5437.
The Hurrah Players, Inc. is a 501 (c) 3 not-for-profit organization.
Contributions are tax deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Tax id: 52-1409025